Friday I cut off the cracked suckers. There 4 that had to come off. Then there were the two that were gone and so in all I had to clean up 7 suckers.
There was an eight sucker but it had a minor crack so I left it to just be filled in with solder from the back.
The patient was resting comfortable but the surgeon was a bit nervous.
Today I started the cutting out of the replacement suckers.
1st sucker and largest:
the first replacement sucker melted while soldering - luckily it had not been soldered in so into the scap bin it went. At this point was a ready to just give up but figured that even if I ruined the piece I would learn something so I pressed on. I went back to the sheet with all the replacements I had made and started to cut out the second. I was having problems filing it to fit so cheated on and pushed it in through the back. I have a bit of clean up to do but it is soldered in.
this one had that minor crack so I filled it from the back with solder (yeah I cheated again)
I cut this one out and started a better filing job constantly going between the hole in the tentacle and the bevel on the replacement. This is where those riffler files come in handy... I eventually got an ok fit. I just finished soldering it in - so I am learning and making progress. This one took 45 min to accomplish but it looks pretty good.
4th sucker being cut out now.
Back to work. Pictures of the various steps to follow later when we are all done and the patient is in recovery.