This collection of links cover a wide range of topics. Some are blogs I read; sources tools and supplies, for teachers and studios where I have taken classes and much more.
Blogs I Read
- What Ever by John Scalzi - https://whatever.scalzi.com/
- Hammer Marks by Wendy Edsall-Kerwin - http://hammermarks.wordpress.com
- New York Kamera by Sage Reynolds - http://www.sagereynolds.com
- Ganoksin's Orchid Blog Network - http://ganoksin.com/blogs
- Primitive Method - http://ganoksin.com/blog/primitive/
- The New Hearth - http://thenewhearth.blogspot.co.uk
- Metalsmiths Unite! - http://metalsmithsunite.blogspot.com
- Rio Grande Blog - http://riograndeblog.com
Errata - Oh, the places you will go
- Kernology: My Personal Website - http://www.kernology.com
- Japanesse Temari Association - http://www.nihon-temari.jp/
- Palomar Gem & Mineral Club - http://www.palomargem.org/
- Society of American Silversmiths - http://www.silversmithing.com
- The Adventurous Silversmith on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/TheAdventurousSilversmith
- Jan the Metalsmith - http://www.janaijian.com
- Lisa the Jeweler - http://www.lisakimfinejewelry.com
Metal Tools & Equipment
- Valentin Yatkov (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.valentinyotkov.com
- Nancy Megan (Teacher, Tools via Bill Dawson) - http://www.nancymegancorwin.com
- Metal Works (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.mettleworks.com
- Bill Dawson (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.billdawsonmetalsmith.com
- Nechamkin Silver Studio (Teacher, Tools, Hammer, Spun Vessels) - http://www.nechamkin.com
- Victoria Landsford (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.victorialansford.com
- Della Terra Studios (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.dellaterrastudios.com
- David Bigazzi (Teacher and Tools) - http://www.dbcollection.net
- Flood Plain Forge (Tools) - http://www.floodplainforge.com
- Rene Bluhm-Landsmann (Tools) - http://stores.ebay.com/gauchitogil
- Northwest Pitchworks (Pitch) - http://www.northwestpitchworks.com
- Pitch It To You (Pitch) - http://www.chasers-pitch.com
- Saign Charlestein (Teacher, Tools, Hammers, Pitch) - http://www.metalsmithing-tools.com
- All Craft (Pitch, Bowls, Hammers, Tools) - 800.645.7124
Workshop, Classes and Teachers:
- Liza Nechamin - http://www.nechamkin.com Liza is a silversmith who teaches silversmithing and Chasing & Repousse from her studio in New Jersey and at various location around the country.
- Valentin Yotkov - http://www.valentinyotkov.com Valentin is a classically trained artist. He teaches ornamental Chasing & Repousse in his New York studio, around the country and the world. I took my first lesson from him in 2012.
- Lisa Slovis Metalsmithing - http://www.lisaslovis.com Lisa teaches in the San Diego area.
- Deb Jemmott - http://www.debjemmott.com Deb has and is still teaching me the art of raising metal. I took my first lesson from her in 2009.
- Nancy Megan Corwin - http://www.nancymegancorwin.com I have taken classes in Chasing & Repousee from her in 2009, 2010 and 2012. Her book is fantastic.
- Metals Week - Part of the Idyllwild Summer Arts Program, take a week long class with great teachers and other students.
- The Vista Forge part of the Vista Antique Gas & Steam Engine Museum. Black Smithing Classes are taught by members and is part of the California Blacksmith Association (CBA). There are also classes for learning Fold Forming and Patina.
- Adams Forge - http://www.adamsforge.org In the Los Angeles area, learn fold forming, chasing & repousse, and black smithing taught by members and is part of the California Blacksmith Association (CBA). Go for a demo day and see lots of cool stuff being done by great people.
- Ganoksin Orchid Network - http://www.ganoksin.com There are message boards, blogs, video's and much more.
- Colonial Williamsburg - Silversmithing
- Stephen Smithers, Silversmith